Born on June 12, 1962, Jorden Bernt Peterson is a famous and popular media and internet personality. A Canadian recipient, he is an author, professor, and clinical psychologist. He had done his thesis on Potential Psychological Markers for the Predisposition to Alcoholism. An alumni of institutions like McGill University, Harvard University, and the University of Toronto, he has also presented his views on a bill passed by the Parliament of Canada to introduce gender identity and expression.
Mainly gathering popularity through his YouTube videos and podcasting, his published work includes Maps of Meaning, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, and Beyond Order. We are going to introduce his 20 most influential and powerful quotes which are the life-changing quotes that you must admire, follow and adapt to your life.
1. Everything you value is a product of unimaginably lengthy developmental processes, personal, cultural, and biological.
2. When you have something to say, silence is a lie.
3. Don’t underestimate the power of vision and direction. These are irresistible forces, able to transform what might appear to be unconquerable obstacles into traversable pathways and expanding opportunities.
4. And if you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
5. Perhaps you are overvaluing what you don’t have and undervaluing what you do.
6. You’re going to pay a price for every bloody thing you do and everything you don’t do. You don’t get to choose to not pay a price. You get to choose which poison you’re going to take. That’s it.
7. It is more difficult to rule yourself than to rule a city.
8. It took untold generations to get you where you are. A little gratitude might be in order.
9. If you are not willing to be a fool, you can’t become a master.
10. You must determine where you are going in your life because you cannot get there unless you move in that direction. Random wandering will not move you forward. It will instead disappoint and frustrate you and make you anxious and unhappy and hard to get along with.
11. In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive.
12. To suffer terribly and to know yourself as the cause: that is Hell.
13. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
14. The successful among us delay gratification. The successful among us bargain with the future.
15. The purpose of life, as far as I can tell… is to find a mode of being that’s so meaningful that the fact that life is suffering is no longer relevant.
16. You can only find out what you actually believe (rather than what you think you believe) by watching how you act. You simply don’t know what you believe, before that. You are too complex to understand yourself.
17. The better ambitions have to do with the development of character and ability, rather than status and power. Status you can lose. You carry character with you wherever you go, and it allows you to prevail against adversity.
18. If you fulfill your obligations every day, you don’t need to worry about the future.
19. It takes careful observation, education, reflection, and communication with others, just to scratch the surface of your beliefs.
20. If you don’t say what you think then you kill your unborn self.