Asus republic of gamers has earlier announced the finalist for the first batch of virtual academy programs for gamers.
There were a total of 2350 applicants from which only 6 were selected who will be trained for the next round.
The chosen six candidates are:
- Aniket Laxman Jawkar (KRACKER), Mumbai (32)
- Shaunak Mandar Joshi (SHAUNAK07), (18)
- Shashank Lele (PROD_), Nagpur (27)
- Suraj Singh (GHOSTXD), Chennai (19)
- Arijit Halder (R3KT3R), Kalyani (Age: 20)
- Hrishikesh (CRAZY_GAMER), Mumbai (22)
The selected candidates are required to get trained and will be provided a monthly stipend of Rs 15000.
Another interesting fact is that this selected candidate has an opportunity to represent ASUS ROG in the Esports tournament for the next 3 months.
Counter-Strike Global Offensive is the game on focus for the first session. The game will be played with each candidate assigned to different characters with different responsibilities.
“Esports is one of the fastest-growing sectors across the globe and India is still quite nascent. ROG Academy is designed to provide a platform to young talented gamers to become full-fledged esports athletes,” the company said in a statement.