Punjabi cuisine offers a divrese variety of mouthwatering dishes. Check out some of the best ones:
- Lassi – Regional buttermilk of Punjab. It is usually served in huge glasses and topped with cream to make it richer.
- Sarso da Saag and Makke di Roti – This match made in heaven is relished in winters. It is rich in nutrients and is eaten with ghee and gud (jaggery).
- Chole Bhature – Another classic Punjabi delight. Chana masala (spiced chickpeas) are complemented with oily bhaturas (fried bread made of maida).
- Amritsari Kulcha – This local naan is loved for its spicy taste. Aloo / masala / paneer Kulcha along with chana and a glass of lassi are sure to satisfy your taste buds!
- Paneer Butter Masala – This creamy and mildly sweet gravy made of butter, tomatoes, cashews, spices and chunky cubes of melt-in-the-mouth paneer.
- Dal Makhani – It is the most fingerlicking dal, with its thick creamy texture. Whole black lentils are slowly cooked with spices, butter and cream.
When in Punjab, do try these authentic dishes. Every corner of the state will welcome you with warmth and love!