More often than not, we see the usual banana, apple, watermelon, orange in every local market. You should try some of these exotic fruits to give your taste buds a dash of new flavour!
- Rambutan – This stunner has a flavour and appearance similar to a lychee. The soft and juicy pale interior is surrounded by hairy red, yellow and green skin. It is extremely rich in Vitamin C.
- Dragonfruit / Pitaya – The pomegranate sized fruit looks fantastic with its green tipped scales and exotic pink skin. On the inside, it has white flesh with tiny black seeds. This subtle tasting fruit is rich in iron, fibre and magnesium.
- Starfruit / Carambola – The waxy, sweet fruit gives delicious hints of citrus, apple and plum. It looks just like a star when sliced. This perfect garnish is also rich in fibre, oxalates and Vitamin C.
- Jujube / Chinese date – This purple skinned fruit is dried and eaten due to its chewy texture. It gives hints of banana and peach in its taste. Jujube is mostly used in desserts or candies and is a great source of antioxidants.
- Passionfruit – This sweet fruit oozes with a refreshing zing. Its taste resembles that of a guava. The tropical wonder has characteristic purple or golden yellow fruits. It is an excellent source of potassium and fibre.