The second lot of the auctions consisted of many known players like Padikkal, Hetmeyer, Raina, and many more. The second session was a very interesting session as went unsold too and some secured good price in their name. Chennai has not showed any big movement in the auctions so far same as Hyderabad. While the third lot had opened with CSK’s bid for Dwayne Bravo.
While auctioning the Hasaranga in between the auctioneer Hugh Edmeades fell down while speaking alll the members there stood up and there are no official updates to what happened now bbut we know for sure that he has falen down after fainting and there are some health issues. There are no updates whether the auction will continue or not. The scene looks frightening and it was shocking for everyone. Early Lunch has been taken dueto this crisis and lets see was happen now.
Check out what happened in Lot Number 2 and 3:
- Manish Pandey- Lucknow Supergiants (4.60 Crores)
- Shimron Hetmyer- Rajasthan Royal (8.50 Crores)
- Robin Uthappa- Chennai Super Kings (2 Crores)
- Jason Roy- Gujrat Titan (2 Crores)
- David Miller- Unsold
- Devdutt Padikkal- Rajasthan Royals ( 7.75 Crores)
- Suresh Raina- Unsold
- Steven Smith- Unsold
- Dwayne Bravo- Chennai Super Kings ( 4.40 Crores)
- Nitish Rana- Kolkata Knight Riders ( 8 Crores)
- Jason Holder- Lucknow Supergiants ( 8.75 Crores)
- Shakib al Hasan- Unsold
- Harshal Patel- Royal Challengers Bangalore ( 10.75 Crores)
- Deepak Hooda- Lucknow Supergiants ( 5.75 Crores)
- Wanindu Hasaranga- Incomplete
This session of the auction was quite interesting as we saw many shocking things like Raina was not picked up by Chennai and was unsold. Smith was also unsold in the auctions. Kolkata is now left with as they bought Nitish Rana for 8 Crores. Harshal Patel was sold was a very high price to the in . Its looking like Chennai is trying to buy its old team as it has bought two players till now which are its old players. The auctions are very competitive this year as many teams are going for a particular player and they are spending a lot on that player which is leading to their purses getting empty. Kolkata is one example of that as they have only 19 Crores left approximately. Hasaranga is the most expensive Sri Lankan player in IPL history now.
Check out the image from the auction:
— Sarthak (@sarthakkpadhii) February 12, 2022