The IPL Mega Auctions are on 12th February and 13th February. The first session will consisted of all the big players whose base is 2 crore. The teams went in full aggressive mode to buy the big players on whom they can rely. The first session was quite interesting as the teams tried to buy their star players back in the auctions and other teams didn’t let them like Punjab didn’t let Delhi buy Shikhar and Rajasthan didn’t let them but Ashwin.
Check out all the players that were presented in the auctions:
- Shikhar Dhawan- Punjab Kings (8.25 Crores)
- Ravichandran Ashwin- Rajasthan Royals (5 crores)
- Pat Cummins- Kolkata Knight Riders ( 7.25 crores)
- Kagiso Rabada- Punjab Kings ( 9.25 Crores)
- Trent Boult- Rajasthan Royals (8 Crores)
- Shreyas Iyer- Kolkata Knight Riders (12.25 Crores)
- Mohammad Shami- Gujrat Titans ( 6.25 Crores)
- Faf du Plessis- Royal Challengers Bangalore (7 Crores)
- Quinton de Kock- Lucknow Supergiants ( 6.75 Crores)
- David Warner- Delhi Capitals ( 6.25 Crores)
The first lot consisted of these ten players. Shreyas Iyer is the most expensive in this lot. Kolkata are now most likely to select Shreyas Iyer as their IPL captain. Bangalore, Punjab and Hyderabad are still without any captain as Warner went to Delhi Capitals and Cummins went to Kolkata. All the players have their new teams except Pat Cummins who will play for Kolkata again. Mumbai Indian tried to buy Boult and De Kock but failed to do so. Delhi also tried to acquiire Shikhar, Rabada and Shreyas but clearly they also failed to re-buy them.