Meesho is an e-commerce company founded in 2015 by two IIT graduates Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal. Its headquarter is in Bangalore, Karnataka. The company has a mobile app that provides a platform for small businesses to sell their products to consumers as well as resellers. The whole concept of small business has been made virtually by the company where products of good quality are available.
The company has decided to adopt a boundary-less workplace model. This type of business will help businesses people to travel less and work more. The objectives of this boundary-less workplace model are:
- Work from anywhere: The business can be done from where people are, the employees of the company can work at their homes, offices or their locations.
- Decentralizing the workplace: The workplace can be moved on according to the worker’s benefit. Though the headquarters will remain in Bangalore, new satellite offices will be set up in the cities where there is demand.
- Creating a distributed workforce: The company looks out for people who can democratize the company products in India. This objective aims to the boundaryless business Internationally.
- Redefining off-sites: Meesho sponsored annual workations in places like Goa, Shimla etc. Calendarized in-person quarterly summits to discuss goals and build a team. The company aims to build a brotherhood bond among the workers.
- Employee support: Meesho will sponsor daycare facilities for employees with children below 6 years of age at suitable locations.
All the objectives and the news of creating a Work from anywhere concept was announced on Twitter by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal the founders of the Meesho company.
It's arguably been one of the most exciting ways to kickstart our week at @Meesho_Official!
We’re permanently adopting a Boundaryless Workplace model 💼
Meeshoites now have the power to define workplace flexibility and convenience 🥳
— Vidit Aatrey (@viditaatrey) February 7, 2022
Delighted to announce that we have now adopted a Boundaryless Workplace Model 🌍
Our people-centric approach towards building the ideal workplace has helped us reach yet another milestone!
Here’s what the future of work for #Meeshoites looks like –
— Sanjeev Barnwal (@barnwalSanjeev) February 7, 2022