WhatsApp is going to be “inexorably linked” to Facebook, sharing the details directy on the largely used social media platform, and while WhatsApp has “clarified” that these changes are for WhatsApp’s Business users only, people are not convinced as all of this does not sound very safe!
However, the alternatives are here and the credit goes to the worlds richest person, Elon Musk to suggest about the safer and more secure messaging options like Signal and Telegram via his tweet “Use signal” which seems to be the best choice.
Now here’s this one question that will strike to you, if you plan on to switch to Signal from WhatsApp- How to move WhatsApp group chats to Signal?
Here’s how you do it:
– First and foremost thing is to install Signal app.
– Set up the app on your end. You just need to put in your phone number.
– Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner and select the action menu.
– Select ‘New group’.
Now, you will need to add at least one contact to be able to set up a group on Signal. Pick that contact to get started. Tap on the arrow to continue.
– Name the group and click on ‘Create’
Next, in the group window click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner.
– By clicking on ‘Group settings’ and tap on ‘Group link’.
– Toggle ‘Group link’ to ‘On’ and then tap on ‘Share’ to get a shareable link for the group.
– You can copy this link and share it with others you want in the group.
This link can be copy pasted where ever it is convenient and send it to others to join. The older chats will not be seen but that’s honestly a small price to pay for our privacy!