It is no news that movies play an enormous role in a person’s life. Students, especially, are more susceptible to get influenced by such art forms.
On the occasion of World Students’ Day, here are some excellent innovative films that can inspire students. These instil in students the importance of hard effort and education, along with personal values.
- Good Will Hunting (1997): The protagonist has exceptional abilities in Mathematics and Chemistry, but he’s unaware of his full potential. Students will be inspired by the film to seek any hidden abilities they may possess.
- Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013): Walter is someone who encompasses aspirations but never seems to act on them. This should make you realize that while it’s great to have a desire, the more time you spend dreaming, the less time you spend actually working toward it. So, don’t get so engrossed in the thought of your dream that you forget to make it come true.
- The Pursuit of Happyness (2006): Don’t let others’ failures and unhappiness cause you to be a victim of their misery; don’t let them crush your dream by projecting their negativity onto you. Will Smith promptly made amends by apologizing to his kid and encouraging him not to listen to people who say you can’t accomplish something just because they haven’t been able to achieve it themselves. If you want something, you should not hesitate to get it!
- The Internship (2013): While the film is lighthearted and enjoyable, it contains some crucial lessons for interns of all ages who are looking for an internship. Learning from your peers can assist your career, and it’s okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them and are willing to learn.
- Forrest Gump (1994): Every student should watch this Tom Hanks film because it’s very motivating. Nothing is impossible if you’re prepared to work hard enough. You should not be terrified of attempting new things or enjoying life as it is.
- The Blind Side (2009): You will be able to do everything you set your mind to with a little hard effort and determination. Do not be swayed by the opinions of others. There will be people who will criticize you but you have to get through it.
If you are a college student and haven’t watched any of these, then you really are missing out on beautiful masterpieces. And if you have already seen it, watch it again. It’s well worth it!